Friday, May 1, 2009

Twitter for Teachers

I had not heard of Twitter until Mr. Sullivan had the class to Twitter only allows answers to be under 140 characters in length and can be sent via mobile texting, instant message, or the web much like 140 characters in your myspace messages and explore it. I signed up for twitter I thought it was much like any other chat website. It's free of cost.

It is good to use Twitter to reach another teacher if there's a question to be asked or for giving an answer from another teacher who has reached you. In class, we explored and discussed the ideas that we could come up with on why to use the website. A lot of my classmates had general similar ideas.

I have not checked Twitter at the present time but I did subscribe. I really thought at first glance, "hear we go another chat!" I do feel that teachers teaching certain subjects could really benefit from using Twitter. I am looking forward to exploring Twitter in my educational field to communicate with students, staff or parents in an informal way.

No comments:

Post a Comment