Sunday, May 3, 2009

What have I learned?

I learned many things in EDM 310. I really felt overwhelmed initially with the syllabus. I thought I would fall behind on the work, but I actually kept up well.

The Internet is a very great teaching tool. I have listened to people talk on the radio etc., many times but never knew what a podcast was until this class. I find myself looking online just to hear other people's views on topics. I never used Google documents. I don't particularly like it, I'd rather use something else. I will keep my account with Google for the future.

In the EDM 310 class, I have learned how to set up a Google account and its uses. I have learned to explore I tunes, perform alt tags, Twitter, spreadsheets and Word processing. There was a lot of information put into this semester. I enjoy learning about how the educational aspects of using the Internet and how I can apply it in my future teaching career. I enjoyed preparing and listening to the presentations in class.
I learned how to blog and there was a lot of blogging in this class. There was ample of time given to do the work. I will keep blogging with the people I met through blogging. The Professional blog will be a useful tool for me as well for posting your resume.

The podcasts were fun to do and I enjoyed working with my group. I have listened to the podcast many times and have asked my friends to listen to it as well, just because we can hear my voice. My children loved it. I learned a few things to do and not to do when doing a podcast.

Itunes University is tool that I will use in my future classroom. We didn't have the opportunity to visit an ACCESS lab. Foliotek is a requirement in my field and I am still working on it and I know I will use it at USA a lot.

I appreciate Mr. Sullivan's patience and his feedback throughout this semester. i will use all my newly acquired knowledge throughout my teaching career.

No comments:

Post a Comment